Friday, April 20, 2012

Meet Top Stylist Moni Cherry of Salon MJ2



If you live in the St. Louis area, you probably are already familiar with top stylist Monica "Moni" Cherry.  If not......Get Familiar!  Moni is owner and master stylist of Salon MJ2.  She is just a talented soul.  The way she finesses her clients' hair coupled her own personal flair - this lady simply exudes creativity & flyness!  Moni was kind enough to allow me to interview her.

Q: When did you first become interested in styling hair?
A: I've had a knack for hair styling since I was five years old.  As a child I was always styling someone's hair and I loved it.

Q: How long have you been a hair stylist?
A: Over 20 years.  I spent a year of studying the University of Missouri, Columbia (Mizzou) and became pregnant with my first son.  I knew that I had to make things happen for my child and myself.  Being a hair stylist was just a natural progression for me and I knew that I could be successful doing it.

Q:What type of styles do you specialize in?
A: I do all types of hair styles and hair types: relaxed, short, long, dyed, you name it.  However, what I do specialize in is healthy hair. Healthy Hair is key to me.  I will not perform certain styles or techniques on clients whose hair is not in a healthy state.  I'm also great with flat ironing natural hair, leaving the natural hair with minimal/no heat damage, allowing those natural curls to spring back for the naturalistas upon the next hair shampoo.

Q: How long have you been a salon owner?
A: Over 8 years.

Q: As a business owner, what's one thing that's most important to you?
A: Charity and giving back to the community is very important to me.  I make sure that my salon is involved in several community outreach and charitable causes throughout the entire year.  Charities involving children are especially near and dear to my heart because 'Moni loves the kids', LOL.

Q: Do you have any advice for new shop owners and/or people setting out to be new entrepreneurs?
A: For new shop owners, I would say that it's about quality not quantity.  Be sure to pick a team of stylists for your shop that are committed.  Don't get caught up on the glitz and glam of having a big shop tons of stylist booths.  Chose a shop size that you feel confident you can financially manage, even if all of your stylist booths are not rented.  For entrepreneurs in general, think all of your decisions thoroughly.  Be aware of all of the possibilities and pros/cons of your business decisions.  Stay strong, focused and keep working towards your dream.  I love being an entrepreneur. I love the creative freedom that I have as a business owner.



   
        


Salon MJ2 is located at 5502 Natural Bridge Avenue St. Louis, MO 63120
For appointments contact:  (314) 381-4652 
Facebook Fan Page -  http://www.facebook.com/#!/SALONMJ2

One more thing that you must know about Miss Moni, is that she is Supa Flyy!  Her wrist game is impeccable and her arm stays stacked with fun & sassy bracelets!  Moni is a huge supporter of my jewelry line Lovemade Treasures (LMT).  Here's just some ways that Moni stacks her wrists with LMT wrist candy:



Want Moni's stacked look? Visit http://lovemadetreasures.com.  Beginning April 28, 2012,  Lovemade Treasures will be available for purchase at Moni's beauty salon, Salon MJ2!!!  If you are in the neighborhood, stop to pay Moni a visit and treat yourself to some fancy wrist wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment